September 18, 2008

Not for the faint of heart

Dating in general is not for the faint of heart. I realized today, that dating me is perhaps especially not for the weak or those who do not have an affinity for chaos. There is a lot of life happening in this house! Although there are days, that I'm sure I'm loosing or have lost my mind, I truly wouldn't want it any other way.

There are the two dogs, one who will attempt to cover you in his own dog hair and offers unconditionally love and acceptance. The other has a vicious bark and often uses it on men she does not know. She is not easily won over and makes me feel safe. Enter those teenagers... oldest son although away at school is still referred to as "Killer" (see previous ramblings), son #2 keeps us amused and our calendar FULL and child #3 a teenage girl, who has all the resemblance of Dr. Jekyll and Mrs. Hyde with a heart as big as Texas and who has just figured out that I'm currently dating a man with the same name as my father, which is freaking her out!

Last night we added a German exchange student for the next few weeks, so 'son' #3 also has a list of activities, an engaging personality and is working on his English.

This weekend.... my older sister arrives today, my younger sister, partner and toddler arrive tomorrow. 4 bedrooms, 2 baths and a whole houseful of folks! Another memorial celebration to attend, for the woman who was a 2nd mother to us. There will be chaos, crumbs and clutter.

Although there was an offer of date #3 being at yet another funeral and coming along, I have respectfully declined and opted for a quiet lunch downtown today instead. After all, there is only so much you want to expose even the brave to at one time!

No comments:

Post a Comment