September 21, 2008

Intro lines

Granted deciding to go onto an Internet dating site, may be the biggest hurdle. Once that is past, however, the 'opportunity' to come up with an intro line is nothing short of challenging. The advice is and I quote, "Grab people's attention and introduce yourself". Oh, great, witty and wonderful all in one line, oh yes, and remember there are thousands of people on line, so make it look original.

I can't tell you how much this challenged me and how often it got changed, looking for my 'fit'.

I imagine men have been as equally challenged. Their intro lines, have managed to amuse, confuse and horrify me.

Here are the following and no, I'm not clever enough to make this stuff up!

"Blue eye Teddy Bear seeks Honey Bunny"
"Hello"
"Fisher Guy seeks great catch"
"Cuddly & Smart seeks Same"

Then the scary ones:

"Stop wasting your time and mine" - opps, maybe a little angry here, click next!
"Let's create a little secret excitement" - no photo, want to guess if he's married?
"Looking for a pillow queen" - more honesty than I can handle
"Dominant Dan seeking Submissive Sally" - just creeps me out

But my favorite, of course are funny!

"Can't find my keys"
"Work in Progress 'Manager' Neeeded"
"Housebroken, Good with Children"
"What! I thought this was a refi ap"
"Hobo, pushed off train"

I knew I was in trouble with this, when I turned to the teens for help. Their advice is mostly unprintable. It actually took me months, but I'm finally comfortable with mine now. Okay, okay here it is, "life is an 'E' ticket"

After that, my first line says, "If you are too young to know what an 'E' ticket is, you are clearly too young for me to date!"

Witty, wonderful and catchy? Probably not and that is OKAY. A bit reflective of me, definitely and that is after all the whole point!

Oh, yes, and I've a date that actually brought me, an old 'E' ticket....

No comments:

Post a Comment