September 9, 2008

Harley, Harley, Harley

No, Harley is not his name.  However, if you are dating a man who is currently over 50, the odds of him having a Harley (yes, the motorcycle) are quite high!

Harley motorcycles are in style!  Who knew that this parenting generation of car seats, seat belts and sun screen would someday yearn for the power of the Hog and the Open road.  

I'm not talking about guys with long mustaches,  tattoos, no shirt and a leather vest either.  These men own and wear suits with shirts and ties!

At first my attitude was, 'I'm not dating someone with a motorcycle!'  Okay, that changed pretty quickly when, a.  I realized that that might leave almost no possible dates,  b.  that since both my folks are gone, they'd never know that I'd broken 'the rules' and was riding around town on a 'bike' and c.  It started to seem like, well, okay just a lot of fun!  (Don't tell my kids...)

In an attempt to understand this motorcycle phenomena, I asked my over 50 brother with a motorcycle "why all men over 50 have a motorcycle".  His answer...

"Not all men over 50 have a motorcycle, just those of us who are not afraid to live our dreams"

hmmmmm, he might actually have something here....


1 comment:

  1. OK Lola,
    I'm patiently waiting by the computer for the next installment of your delightful musings which always puts a smile on my face and a chuckle in my heart. My cup o' joe alone just ain't doing it!

    Luv u girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete