September 22, 2008

Curfew?


There are two very important reasons to try to schedule dates, when my teens are with their dad. The first is that I do not mix dating and kids. The second is that I don't want them to know when I get home. No! I'm not wild or loose! But there have been a couple of dinner dates that went so well, that I got home close to midnight. Yeah, those were some very great dinners!

Do you have any idea what it is like to get a text from your teen, wanting to know where you are and why you're not home? Hey, I'm the mom, so I don't have a curfew! However, if 'they' think you're out too long... well, your sunk, because you probably are. Remember, whatever I might say can be used right back at me, so "loosing track of time" is a very, very bad reason to be 'late'.

I few months ago, I tried to just have an 'appointment'. That worked pretty well, since in my business, I do have a lot of appointments. However, this was actually a first meeting, where we decided to contect at the zoo. Three hours later, they (those teens) were wondering where in the world I was and what kind of 'appointment' I had. The only trouble now is that if I say I've got an 'appointment', they want to know, is it an appointment-appointment or a 'zoo appointment'!!!

All in all, it still seems best to keep them out of the loop, date after dark and keep 'them' in the dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment