September 20, 2008

Measures of in-compatability

Okay, I've been 'quiet' perhaps even 'nice' until now with a particular Internet site, but enough is just enough. I won't mention which one, but you'd have to be living in a cave to not figure it out.

The site in question keeps a lot of the 'control' over their data base of interested singles. They have you fill out a long, long questionnaire, which easily takes over an hour. Then they send you potential 'matches'. A few at a time, but they feel that these are specifically matched for you. I've never had more than 8 (a high) matches at any time. I have never openly emailed, talked on the phone or obviously had anything resembling a date with any of these men. Oh, yes, my monthly fee was still collected.

The site tells you to be patient, they are only matching you with other highly compatible personalities. Well, let's be real here, this same site has sent me 'matches' from Oregon, Utah, Nevada and Arizona! Hello, I live in Southern California, with children, dogs, a business and a garden. Coffee in Nevada is just a bit out of my 'matching' zone, no matter how 'open minded' I may be and trust me, I am a bit open!

Then they've got this math problem. Yes, we old (my kids told me I'm old) folks still find it more comfortable for the woman to be at or near the height of her date/match. Once again, hellooooooooo! I am 6 feet tall, which equals 5'12", so matches at 5'8" are still 4" inches shorter than me, yes and this is with OUT heels! Guess what, we don't like this, so again these are not matches, yet this is the majority of the 'highly' compatible matches I've received.

The worst part is being treated a bit like a child. "They" know what is best for me, ahhhh, I don't think so. This is my job, help if you want, however if you can't help, well get out of the way... oh yeah, and cancel my account or give me my money back!

No comments:

Post a Comment