September 3, 2008

Hopping about!

Although, I've yet to meet 'my' Prince all this hopping about has done me a world of good. I actually can't believe I'm even realizing it.

True, I have definitely met some toads.... like the guy who'd just shaved his head and wanted me to rub it, at the restaurant no less and we'd just met!!!

It is possible, that the others may very well have been a Prince, just not mine.

However, I've actually gotten comfortable with dating! Meeting someone and being myself and being happy with who I am. Wow, what a gift! If I never get any farther than that, it has been worth it.

I've also gotten better at corresponding truthfully in email, about who I am, why I'm single and what was my part in all of that. Anyone who has been through a divorce 'owns' some part of that and knowing what it is, being willing to be honest about it and finding out that others haven't judged me on this is another gift. From there, I believe I can move on....

So, although I'd hope to not be on the lily pad forever, I've learned a lot and like myself better for it.

Who knows, the latest "Prince in waiting" has offered to make me choc. chip cookies, which in my book is practically a royal gesture! I just hope he doesn't want me to rub his head, well, at least not on a first date.

No comments:

Post a Comment