October 22, 2008

Mixing dates and kids....




Mixing dates and kids and why you don't want to do it! My kids are wonderful, but, well, human and teenage humans at that! Up to now, I've been keeping dates away from them for the kids' sake. Now, I believe I'll keep them away from mine or for my date's.

When my kids meet my friends, they have a polite and passing interest in them.

When my kids meet a date, they have a polite, yet a puffing of the chest and a drawing a line in the sand interest in them. Wow, who knew!

Do you have any idea how much a 14 year old girl can talk? Entertaining for sure, overwhelming, well at least to me!

Gals remember when you use to bring home a guy to meet your dad? Well, that is nothing compared to a date meeting your son! Especially when although the son may not have a license to drive, he does shave and can truly look the date in the eye.

After sharing all of about 25 minutes of dinner with my date, my artistic, peace loving son summed it all up to this:

"Mom, he seems smart enough to treat you well and if he doesn't I'm pretty sure my brother and I can take him"

No comments:

Post a Comment