October 20, 2008

Internet dating a bit like Disneyland


I took my kids to Disneyland. We had a lot of fun, got tired and yes, spent a lot of money and my feet hurt. Memories made...

Waiting in the twisting, rambling lines, you get to see a lot of humanity. Most of it families or couples. About these couples, there sure is a lot of unique pairing that happens in life! The curvy girl with boys boxers showing, the curvy girl with her boobs showing, the Swedish boy using Snuff (who knew this still existed), tattoos galore, beards, bald heads and piercings, young and older and of course fat and fatter.

Looking at the men in these lines I realized, that the variety of people on an Internet dating site is very similar to these guys in line. There were plenty of men in those waiting lines, however, there were very few I'd like to get on a bobsled or pirate boat with, much less let them buy me some ears!

However, there were a few, which is the whole point. It reminded me of the the diversity of the world, and all the possibilities that exist. It is also helpful to remember once again the necessity of being patient, while 'in line'. There are a few men out there, and they may be worth hanging in there and waiting for the fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment