August 7, 2008

The Problem with names...

We know we are getting old when we can't keep our kids names straight. Well, imagine the added confusion with men! Whether you've met them, emailed them or spoken on the phone... there are now a whole host of new names to keep straight! And, it isn't easy sister!

I dated a man named Clyde, who I was forever afraid of calling Claude!

I went to met a man (who wasn't a match, but that is a different story) and all the time I was driving there I kept repeating his name in my head in the hopes of getting it right.

I'm talking to a very nice man now, who has the same name as one of my brothers. No problem,right? Wrong, in my head I keep calling him the name of my OTHER brother!

Now I know, why my father called all of my friends 'Dear'.... he may have had something there!

1 comment:

  1. Needed a smile this morning....thanks for putting one on my face.
    judy

    ReplyDelete