March 7, 2009

Wink

What the heck is a wink on the Internet? Match.com has a feature where you can 'wink' at other people's profiles. BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?????

Is it a:

polite hello, saw your profile, good luck?

a wolf whistle from the entire construction crew?

an I'm not really single, want to have an affair?

I'm too lazy to write anything, why don't you start?

I'm shy and I'm hoping this goes somewhere?

I'm not really real, but I'd love your money, wire directly to Nigeria?


I've received 32 winks. I have no idea if that is good or pathetic. The reality is that it doesn't matter, because these have gone no where, which is probably safer for me. I know that a lot of men don't understand this whole wink thing either, because some of their profiles even say, "No winks, please". Good for them, they are probably the save ones.

The thing is, in real life, I love a wink. It is a bit like a hug from across the room, as for the Internet, I have NO idea!

ah, well, have a great wink-full day! ;}

2 comments:

  1. you seem to find so much amusement on these sites that I'm ready to fake I'm single just to get a good laugh and find out who might be interested in a 47 y/o married woman with 3 children! I'm sure I'd still get some takers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    It actually can be fun, but quite frustrating too. I just chose to look at the humor of it all. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete