March 29, 2009

A middle of the road gal

Reading profiles is like listening for an accent. I guess I'm just a regular middle of the road gal.

If the man's profile says, "He just likes kickin' back and cruiz in it" (and yes, this is how he spelled everything), I'm pretty sure we're not a very good match.

If it says that he, "am an intelligent and sensitive man looking for love in all its manifestations but especially in the guise of a beautiful..." I'm even more sure that we are not a good match. I am college educated but I do not converse in this fashion (how was that)?

OR:

"I am looking for a single unatached woman able to hold an intelligent conversation about something I find interesting, That can..." Again, been to college, but I'm not interested in doing this!

I will be the first to admit that profiles are hard to write! You want to be real, but stand out, but be honest and sincere and yet don't get lost in the pile.

The ones that are for me fit in two catagories.. funny or just plainly honest. Real examples...

"I am a Knight in rusty armor with a good sense of humor, I am also a 52 year old, not bad looking, guy who just moved back..."

or

”By the grace of God, life is meant to be enjoyed and that enjoyment is better when it is shared."

What can I say, I guess I'm just a middle of the road simple gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment