February 18, 2009

Lessons from a friend



I've learned a lot about daily life from one of my best friends, our black lab mix Snickers.

1. It is good to bring joy to someone else. I can make Snickers happy with 6 little words, "Want to go for a walk?" He wags his rump and heads straight to where his leash is kept.

2. When you climb the hills in life it is good to do so with a friend. Snickers helps drag me up the hills, when my enthusiasm for the walk wanes.

3. Be prepared. Life brings us 'poop' on a daily basis, be prepared (plastic bag) to deal with it.

4. You might have to deal with 'poop', but you don't have to carry it around all day. Dump it as soon as possible.

5. Trust your instincts. Even the best of friends might want to chase some squirrels, this doesn't mean we have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment