February 26, 2009

Criteria for a good match

Some day I hope to run out of information for this blog, but until then....

I was checking out a different site the other day and ran into a new set of criteria for picking the 'perfect' match. Yes, it made me giggle... ready?

Do you recycle?

Not only do 'you recycle', but do you do recycle at work? at home?

Followed by, "How would you feel dating someone who was not as concerned with the environment as yourself?"

This was a 'regular' site, not a special matching site for Green Peace singles.

In my opinion, even recycling is not a cut and dried issue, and is subject to one's own definition. In my family, I have a 'tree hugging' sister (yes, she has the arrest to back it up) who lives in Oregon. Her idea of recycling is reduce and reuse and she is leading the way on this issue. On the other hand I have an ex-sister in law who lives in Oklahoma. Her idea of recycling is to clean out the car while you're driving. Toss it out the window as you go down the road and scream, "bio-degradable" while you do so.

Actually, for any long period of time, both extremes make me uneasy. Once again, I've fallen into the middle ground, me and my big fat bio-degradable lily pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment