January 8, 2009

Setting good examples

It would seem that there might just be two kinds of parents out there. Those that are concerned about setting a good example, and well those other ones.

For the most part, I've tried pretty hard to set a good example for my kids. Sheesh, I even gave up eating cookies for breakfast because of them.

Being an adult and having them watch you date opens a whole new Grand Canyon vista of opportunities for them to examine your behavior. Good or bad? Who knows! My own parents were married for 53 years, when Dad passed away.

I guess there is nothing in my dating at 49, that is a bad example for a 49 year old, however there in lies my concern, they are not 49.

So far they (those kids) seem to be launching into adulthood with pretty good heads on their shoulders. In fact they get to give me back all kinds of advice I might once have given them.

When pulling away for our Thanksgiving trip, my eldest said, "Okay, have fun and make good choices".

1 comment:

  1. YOU TAUGHT HIM WELL! LOVE C'S COMMENT TO YOU - HE IS LISTENING!!

    ReplyDelete