January 11, 2009

Exposing oneself

In the past, I believed that I was a 'normal' person... ha, ha, ha. Today I've learned that perhaps I am a normal, yet 'private' person. Oh, right, that said from someone who has a blog on their mid-life dating. Hmmmm.... Okay, I guess that means I am a private person sometimes. There! That is sufficiently vague.

Steadily dating Josiah for the last 4 months. We've spoken or emailed each other everyday during that time. There are mentions of the other to our kids, but except for a few handful of times our time together has been solitary. We are both still entrenched in raising teens, so our opportunities to be together are infrequent and it is natural to chose to be alone when our schedules align.

Today he was at church with me. No big deal right? Well not exactly. I've been a member there for 25 years, was married there, sat on committees, baptized my children, cried, sang and am raising my children there. The majority of my friends belong there and it is there that I am known, it is my home, my extended family.

I did nothing out of the ordinary today, sang in the choir, greeted my friends, drank some horrible Presbyterian coffee, there with him.... and it felt like I was running up and down the pews naked! Well, maybe not naked, just in mismatched underwear with everyone to see, that I was there at church with a.... with a.. man.

Yes, I survived and all I can say is that if you weren't there, you might have missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment