January 7, 2009

Opportunity

Depending on my mood this word, opportunity is a gift or a curse.

Dating is just like life. Wow, how profound. We want our 'opportunities' to be exciting, open new horizons, be the grass we think is greener.

Yet, unless one is dating an alien life force, men are still men. They're fathers, workers, sons, they were often husbands and now they are dates, boyfriends and this is a whole new world.

There are days I am delighted by the new opportunity. To find out that my sweetheart thinks I'm worth the moon and the sky. Then there are days that the opportunity are too much, as I see this same man puts peas in the macaroni and cheese (yuck).

One of the few things I've learned in life is to never pray for patience. You never get patience delivered nicely on your doorstep, you get the 'opportunity' to practice patience. I for one have enough opportunities just for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment