January 28, 2009

Out of the mouth of babes

If you know my 'babes' you are well aware that two of them are taller than I and the third is closing the gap daily. However, they are still and will forever be my 'babes'. I am blessed by them and I know it.

Until the recent break up, I was dating the same man for the last 4 1/2 months. I'm glad I mostly left my kids out of my dating, as I really do believe it best for them. However, they did get to know him just a bit.

I've let them know of my breaking off of the relationship and why. More gently and wisely than their years, they affirmed my decision and my worth.

With polite respect for all parties, one of my sons gave me a gift, as he said, "Mom, I think you'd be better complemented with someone who is a little less Eeyore and a little more Tigger".

No comments:

Post a Comment