April 1, 2009

It must be April Fool's Day!

I know it is April Fool's Day for three reasons:

1. My son's alarm clock went off at 4:30 am instead of 5:30 am, meaning that his sister set his clock ahead an hour last night!

2. The calendar says so.

3. There are some things I am not looking for in all this on-line dating stuff and today a lot of them happened.

Due to the fact that my real name is Ellen, I really don't want to date someone named Alan. That is just a bit confusing. I also prefer to date people in nearby towns, after all I am not all that keen on seeing them at my grocery store (and if you've seen some of the ways I run into the grocery store, you'd know why). Also, I like to keep a bit of my anonymity, a tad of privacy.

So today, I was 'favored or saved' on a site by a man, which means some interest etc. Ahh, good right? Well.........

His name is Alan.
He not only lives in my town, but he lives on my street!
He is what I would call a friend, we chat in the street, know each other's kids and I sent him a card when his wife died.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but for today... I'm driving the long way around the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment